Why Formula 1201?
Formula 1201 is a fast and easy-to-use coating, sure, but what does that mean for you?
Fast and Easy Application
Getting a coating on your car can be an hours long ordeal. Between claying, polishing and decontamination, you won’t be driving out of your garage anytime soon. That’s why we designed Formula 1201 for a speedy installation process. Because it uses water as a carrier, all you need to do is wash and apply – it uses the water to bond instantly, meaning you can hop in for a spin as soon as you’re done. And because it’s a gel, you’ll be able to seamlessly apply it across panels, emblems and badging with no waxy residue.
Warm glosses are great, but sometimes you want that hyper-reflective, mirror-style look. Formula 1201 was designed for maximum clarity of gloss, providing a remarkably reflective shine that will have on-lookers wondering how you got a finish like that in the first place.
Hydrophobic For Quick Clean-ups
Everyone loves to see water beading on your car’s hood. But hydrophobicity isn’t just about looks – it also makes cleaning your car ridiculously easy. Mud, bird droppings and road salt will fly right off with a simple rinse - they'll never get the chance to etch your surface.
Even the best waxes can’t last longer than a few months. Formula 1201 leaves them in the dust with 1-2 years of protection that can survive hundreds of washes. With proper maintenance using Modesta M2 Blast or other coating maintenance spray, even a daily driver will get a year out of Formula 1201.
How Does It Work?
Formula 1201 instantly bonds with a wet surface to form a 3D-structured, hydrophobic barrier over your paint. Once bonded, it fills in the imperfections in your clear coat and creates a low surface energy, achieving a striking gloss and remarkable hydrophobicity.
- Gloss: Mirror-like
- Thickness: 2 μm
- Durability: 1-2 years w/ AdvanceCoat: Gloss
1. Ensure surface is clean using Gtechniq PW Panel Wipe or Isopropyl Alcohol.
2. Mist distilled water on a panel.
3. Lightly shake the Formula 1201 bottle.
4. Place 10 to 15 drops onto applicator. (For subsequent panels, apply 5-6 drops)
5. Apply to wet panel in circular or straight back-and-forth motions.
6. Immediately wipe panel down with a fresh Edgeless 245 All-Purpose Microfiber Terry Towel.
7. Flip towel over to a dry section and hand buff until surface is glossy.
8. Repeat steps 2-7 until entire vehicle is covered, applying 5-6 more drops with each panel.
- Do not wash vehicle for 7 days after applying.
- Product may require 2 weeks of cure time before reaching optimal effectiveness.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight.
- Do not allow this product to freeze during storage.
- Before applying, test a small amount in an inconspicuous place to check compatibility with surface.