Roll over image to zoom in
I1 Smart Fabric AB makes ordinary fabrics waterproof and easy to clean. Use it to prevent soaking, swelling or rotting on any fabric. From sails, tents, and awnings to your car's soft top and interior. I1 Smart Fabric AB protects all kinds of fabrics from water and oil-based stains. It is breathable and extremely durable and fluorocarbon free.
With added BioCote® anti-microbial technology, treated surfaces will kill 99.9% of bacteria.
The nanoparticles of I1 coat each fabric fiber individually, leaving the texture unaffected, allowing the material to breathe. This means stale air will still be able to escape while repelling water and oil-based liquids. I1 Smart Fabric is also color safe so will not tarnish any finishes but we do recommend testing a small area of fabric before use.
Even more hydrophobic than its predecessor, I1 Smart Fabric V2 leaves no remnants of spillage and moisture simply falls off a coated surface. Laboratory testing reveals that I1 V2 repels water to the highest standard set by the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC) ISO 5.
Rigorous was testing reveals the Gtechniq fabric protection remains at its full performance level after being washed on a 40-degree cycle, and even after five washes still perform better than our original product.
- 6 to 18 months durable water repellency
- Anti-bacterial and anti-mold
- SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE
- Only apply in a well-ventilated area
- Do not dilute
- The surface to be treated must be exceptionally clean and dry
- If the surface requires cleaning we recommend using a 1:10 dilution of Gtechniq W2 Universal Cleaner Concentrate or Gtechniq I2 Tri-Clean but ensure the fabric is thoroughly dried after cleaning
- After cleaning a convertible roof leave it to dry for at least 48 hours before applying I1
- Apply by spraying evenly from a distance of about 20 - 30cm ensuring thorough saturation of the surface you are covering. Make sure your application is thorough as once Smart Fabric has dried, you cannot apply a second coat, as the first coat will repel additional product
- Avoid over spraying on surrounding substrates, if this happens, wipe immediately with a Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth
- Leave to dry for 24 hours, after this time the full effectiveness of the product will be achieved
- I1 Smart Fabric has a shelf life of 2 years from purchase, for best result, use within 1 year of opening