Expand your skills and learn how to repair, protect, and maintain leather the right way.
Colourlock is coming to Chicago Auto Pros Lombard on September 27th-28th to provide a 2-day training event taking a deep dive into cleaning, repairing, and protecting all things leather.
Our 2-day course involves theory and heavy hands on practice making sure you walk away feeling confident in your ability to provide leather repair services. You won't be an expert in 2 days but we will provide all the tools, resources and support network for you to become an expert. Typically, attendees on average require 4 weeks of practice after the training session.
- Basic leather knowledge
- Product overview
- Cleaning, protecting and maintenance of leather
- Repair techniques for different types of damages
- Introduction to colour matching and practice at colour mixing
- Colouring leather and finishing
- Q & A
WHY DO A TRAINING?
The use of leather in the automotive & furniture industries has grown consistently over the last 2 decades. A third of all furniture suites sold in Europe are made of leather. A huge percentage of cars have leather seats. Most customers expect to have leather seats in their cars today. While leather is a durable material, scratches, stains, scuffs and damages are all too common. The market for leather repair, specialist stain removal, and cleaning is huge and there is a significant lack of knowledgeable and skilled professionals in the trade.
- SCHEDULE -
• Introduction to Colourlock
• Understanding the surface – leather production and types of leather
• Understanding our product range and areas of application
• Cleaning & Protecting leather – hands on session
• Understanding Colour mixing – how to colour match using our app & other techniques
• Colour matching – hands on session
• Introduction to repair techniques & types of repairs
• Preparing leather for repair & masking
• Using a spray gun and airbrush (cleaning & best practices to maintain equipment)
• Re-colouring bolsters – Sponge & spray application
• Repair scratches & scuffs, rips, tears and hole in leather – hands on session
• Pricing structure – how to price jobs
• Summarize, go through training manual & certification.
Date: September 27th and 28th, 2021
Location: Chicago Auto Pros Lombard, 207 A Eisenhower Ln S, Lombard, IL 60148
Lunch and refreshments will be provided
"I’ve been in the cosmetic repair industry for over 10 years and I must say, when Ram came to train me on the Colourlock products, I was so impressed. The training he provided was arguably one of the best I’ve received. I would recommend Colourlock to for anyone who may be interested in adding leather repair to there business"
Kevin Thirlaway, Premier Car Care
"Colourlock is a fantastic OEM approved system with top notch customer service. Learning leather repair has added another string to my bow and allows me to provide a more complete service to my customers. I would have no hesitation in recommending Colourlock & Ram to anyone looking to learn how to repair leather."
Kevin Dawson, Intimate Detail
“Thanks to Ram & the team @ Colourlock for the 2 days of training that have become such an important addition to my business. Being now able to carry out work that I would have normally have to send elsewhere. Highly recommended!”
Daniel Betts, D4N Detailing
Learn how to clean, repair, and refinish leather from leaders in the leather care industry.
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE
meet your instructor
Back in 2012, I was helping a friend who ran a detailing business and came across leather issues in customer vehicles but didn’t know how to fix them. Several days of research led me to a company called Lederzentrum Gmbh (the owners of the Colourlock brand). I attended their training and the following 2-3 years were a period of intense learning - both theoretical and practical. Over the last 9 years, I have repaired countless leather seats and items and have been directly involved in training over 200 people. Today, my business is the exclusive distributor of Colourlock products in UK & North America. I look forward to meeting you all to share my knowledge and experience about the current status of the leather industry and leather repair. I hope to set you on your way to being able to offer leather repairs as a service and as a consequence add more value to your customers and ultimately grow your business